Level 1 Sage 50 Certification
This Sage 50 certification course is perfect for anyone interested in Level 1 Sage Accounts training. If your organisation is a small or medium-sized business, this certification would be useful in providing employees with the basics of accounting.
The Sage 50 software is one of the most well-known and well-used accounting programmes throughout the UK.
Each of the 10 modules is designed to provide your team members with the required skills and processes, in order to achieve a successful accounts department.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Not sure if this is the right programme for you or your organisation? Here’s what you will find within this course:
- Accounting basics and financial management using the Sage 50 software;
- Background information to and the history of Sage 50, including the advantages of adopting this software;
- The formats and features of Sage 50, such as how you can improve your accounting and financial management;
- The installation and set-up of the software, as well as how to restore back-up files, so you’ll never lose crucial data again;
- How to navigate through the Sage 50 software, including how to print reports;
- An overview of the chart of accounts, which will allow employees to grasp important terminology and create and/or modify these documents;
- Bank records and reconciliation, so you’ll always have accurate records of your accounts;
- The creation and maintenance of petty cash, supplier and customer records;
- Creating and managing sales invoices and receipts and the differences between them.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are just a few of the benefits of taking the course:
- No prerequisites are required for this course, meaning that you can offer this training programme to any of your employees;
- Employees undergoing this training will learn the basics and fundamentals of the Sage 50 Accounting Software, in an easy-to-follow format that works within their schedule, so they won’t have to compromise between getting their work done and completing this course;
- The software comes in several versions, making it user-friendly and easy to learn/employ, while providing efficient accounting and financial management for small and medium sized businesses; so any employee can use it, after being trained;
- It provides real-life processes, which leads to employees who are confident in the Sage 50 system outside of the training, and deliver accurate results - this means employees are ready to put their skills into practice from day one!
- An understanding of the purpose of accounting in business;
- A perception of the importance of international standards in accounting practices;
- The conceptual frameworks of basic accounting practices;
- Statutory bodies in the UK that monitor accounting practices and financial reporting;
- A brief history of Sage 50;
- The key differences between manual accounting systems and computerised software;
- A general overview and introduction to Sage 50;
- The advantages and significance of using Sage 50;
- How to access Sage 50 from the desktop;
- Introduction to classic and enhanced views;
- How Sage 50 helps business owners enjoy improved financial and accounting management (VAT, accounting, employee, investor, customer and supplier management);
- Enhanced features, including time management and diary integration.
Module 4 : Setting Up a New Company Entering Data for an Existing Company Navigating Practice and Demo Data
- How to install a new company onto Sage 50;
- How to access and enter details, including business name, address, financial year, currency and VAT details;
- How to enter information regarding an existing company;
- How to restore backup files;
- What are shortcut keys and how to use them in Sage 50;
- A description of the important features of Sage 50 desktop and how to use them;
- How to find and drill down on transactions and print reports;
- Toolbars in the Report Preview and Report Selection window;
- An understanding of the common terms used in accounting;
- What is a Chart of Accounts and what are the benefits;
- How to create, copy, modify, review and print the Chart of Accounts;
- How to add and delete charts in the Chart of Accounts;
- How to enter nominal records;
- An introduction to the double-entry bookkeeping method;
- The importance of banking records in business;
- How to create, edit and delete bank records;
- What is a nominal ledger and how to use it;
- How to plan customer and supplier codes;
- How to create and enter details for customers and suppliers;
- How to delete customer and supplier records;
- How to create recurring transaction entries;
- Bank/cash/credit card payments, receipts, transfers;
- How to process recurring transaction entries;
- How to create products and view sales activity;
- How to create sales invoices in Sage 50;
- The key differences between invoices, receipts and pro forma invoices.
- How to enter relevant details in the different fields, including description, quantity and price;
- How to enter order details in an invoice or credit note;
Who can take the Level 1 Sage 50 Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Level 1 Sage 50 Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.