Punctuation Mastery Certification
Despite the fact that we all have spelling and grammar checkers at our disposal, it is still important to master the basic rules of punctuation. Checking software is far from perfect and it is still up to a writer to correctly punctuate their message.
In this course, you will learn how to correctly use common punctuation marks and write with greater clarity.
You Will Learn:
- How to use apostrophes to indicate possession and form contractions
- The proper use of commas
- The difference between colons and semicolons and how to use them
- How to correctly use quotation marks
- The difference between dashes and hyphens and how to use them in your writing
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Understanding the rules of punctuation will help you write in a more professional style, which will make you more employable
- You will become a more confident writer in both your personal life and your professional life
- If you are a student, this course will help you improve your grades
- If you work as an educator or trainer, this course will help you identify and correct errors in your students’ written assignments
- If you are a parent, this course will help you support your children with their homework
Who can take the Punctuation Mastery Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Punctuation Mastery Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.