Problem Solving Certification
Problem solving is a skill that you need in every single area of your life. From facing unexpected issues at home to confronting workplace challenges, problem solving skills are essential. For those in the business world, not having these skills can be the difference between lucrative success and massive failure.
Coming up with ways in which to identify, address and solve problems is not always easy. Thankfully, there are a few key techniques and methods that you can master, making problem solving a much less daunting task.
This course goes into detail regarding problem solving, including the important problem solving skills that you need to develop.
We begin by giving you a brief introduction to problem solving, along with a discussion of the very basic steps involved.
Next, we discuss the process that you can go through in order to identify why a problem is occurring, along with a step-by-step guide to implementing this strategy in your life.
We also review a four-phase problem solving technique that is commonly used in workplaces across the UK.
Finally, we review the five steps you need to correct an issue once you have identified it.
You will Learn:
- The basic steps involved in solving any problem
- How to determine the root cause of any issue
- How to use one of the most popular problem solving methods currently used in most industries across the country
- How to come up with a series of solutions that may address the issue
- The importance of post-implementation testing and evaluation
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Learning how to use the five whys of root cause analysis in order to quickly identify the true issue
- Learning the four phases of the PDCA problem solving model
- Understanding the role of collaboration in problem solving attempts
- Learning why you should not rush or judge yourself during the ideas generation process
- Learning what steps to take if the first potential solution does not address or solve the problem at hand
Who can take the Problem Solving Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Problem Solving Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.