Learning Impressive Telephone Techniques Certification
Even with more and more businesses setting up shop in the digital world, telephone interaction remains an integral part of the customer experience. For some businesses, a telephone call may be the only interaction that a customer has with the company or organisation.
However short a telephone call may be, it leaves an impression. Every business hopes that its staff are professional and efficient, when answering the telephone, but not everyone has a) a good natural telephone manner or b) the skills to react quickly, as a call evolves.
This course equips staff who use the telephone to do their job with the skills to handle calls in a positive and efficient manner, in order to create a lasting impression and an excellent customer experience.
The course is suitable for anyone who will benefit from being able to strengthen their customer relationships.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The content of this course includes:
- How to project a professional and courteous persona over the telephone;
- An understanding of and how to use a professional telephone etiquette in a natural way;
- How to form and retain a positive first impression on the telephone with different types of customers;
- How to sound professional, confident and in control, while on the telephone;
- Handling key phrases that come up during business phone calls, so that they can be used appropriately and effectively;
- Improving the clarity of communication, while speaking on the telephone;
- Building and enhancing listening skills;
- Effectively handling difficult or angry customers, in order to bring about a positive resolution;
- Recognising issues over the telephone and working to effectively negotiate and resolve them, for the benefit of everyone involved;
- Handling telephone rage, abuse and threats in a confident and effective manner, in order to diffuse the situation and resolve the problem;
- Gathering and applying important tools that help ease the anxiety and stress that can arise during a business phone call.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
This course boasts a myriad of benefits, and these include:
- The course equips the employee with the necessary skills, in order to deal with any type of telephone call in a professional and effective manner;
- The more employees that complete the course, the more uniform your call system becomes, increasing efficiency and productivity;
- Conflicts and issues are dealt with in a professional manner;
- An easy-to-study modular format that can be studied flexibly, to suit individual needs;
- Upon successful completion of the course, an industry-recognised certificate is awarded;
- Full online study support.
- Discover how to create a professional image and manner over the telephone
- Learn to identify and implement telephone etiquette which helps you connect with your caller
- Understand how to form positive and lasting initial impressions
- Find out how to sound professional and confident over the phone
- Understand what your telephone manner is and how it affects communication quality
- Discover the techniques that can improve clarity of communication over the phone
- Understand the importance of being an active listener and how to achieve it on phone
- Establish the differences between actively listening and merely hearing
- Learn how to effectively prepare for interactions over the phone
- Understand how to begin a call and grab your caller’s attention
- Find out how to plan your call time and put your ego aside to build rapport
- Convey the importance of silence and role play within a call
- Understand how to establish a positive perspective regarding complaints and why it is important
- Learn the skills necessary to effectively handle difficult or demanding customers and complaints
- Be capable of identifying, negotiating and resolving issues over the phone
- Be equipped to confidently handle threats, abuse and phone rage
- Learn the huge importance of telephone attitude and how to refine it to your advantage
- Understand the importance of emotional control and preventing information overload
- Define and develop your professional image and actively choose how to present yourself
- Discover how to stay positive, keep calm and prevent stress with practical techniques
Who can take the Learning Impressive Telephone Techniques Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Learning Impressive Telephone Techniques Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 7 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.