English Grammar — Improve Your English
English is a notoriously difficult language to get right, especially when it comes to its written form. The rules of English grammar can seem arbitrary and are difficult even for native speakers to grasp fully.
However, as complicated and difficult as mastering English grammar can be, it is an essential part of improving your written and verbal communication. Without these skills, you may find it hard to get your message across in a way that others can easily understand.
This course introduces you to the basics behind English grammar. By going through both modules, you can learn enough about the rules of grammar to instantly improve your writing.
We begin by talking about the nine parts of speech in detail, reviewing how to properly use each one.
Next, we move on to talk about the rules surrounding punctuation marks.
Finally, we leave you with a few points that you can keep in mind, when you are proofreading your work.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between a noun, a pronoun and a proper noun
- When to use adverbs and adjectives and how to use them properly
- The rules of comma use, including a discussion about the Oxford comma
- How to properly use apostrophes and when to avoid using them
- The difference between a run-on sentence, a comma splice and a sentence fragment, along with how to avoid each one in your work
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Understand why it is important to work on and perfect your grammar
- Ensure your message is clearly understood by your audience
- Learn about the four most common mistakes that people make when writing and how to avoid them
- If you are a non-native English speaker, you can learn more about the rules of grammar, helping to improve your grasp of the language, resulting in better communication skills
- If you are a native English speaker, this course can help you take your writing to the next level
Who can take the English Grammar — Improve Your English Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the English Grammar — Improve Your English Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.