Level 2 Digital Marketing Certification
In nearly every economic sector, the knowledge of how to market either yourself or your company in a digital format is an invaluable skill. Any major corporation or business that hopes to succeed needs to maintain an online presence; therefore, the need for employees with the knowledge of how to market in this format is more vital than ever.
This course is offered entirely online. This allows your team members the freedom to study wherever and whenever is most convenient for them.
On average, it takes around 15 hours to complete, although some people will take longer than others, so completion times may vary.
Through these 10 interesting modules, employees will quickly be able to grasp what it takes to become proficient in this industry. Following the completion of each module, they will be tested on what they have learnt. This will help to solidify the concepts and processes and commit them to memory
After the last module, they will be presented with the final exam, and, once this has been passed, they will immediately receive a fully-accredited certification that can either be printed out or posted.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Through this course, your team members can expect to learn about:
- The basics of digital marketing, such as what it is, how it’s used, current trends in the field and why it’s important;
- The importance of search engine optimisation (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) and how to use them, in order to maximise their online presence
- The best methods of creating and structuring websites, what content is important to include, the different types of websites and how to use a website for marketing purposes;
- The most viable methods of using e-mail for marketing purposes;
- Social media and the common tools and strategies for using this platform, in order to reach more of their clients;
- Using web analytics, in order to maximise their internet marketing strategy;
- The rules and regulations by which a digital marketer must abide by.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
There are a range of benefits of successfully completing this course. These benefits include:
- Becoming a more valuable asset to the company in the context of digital marketing;
- The ability to create more effective advertisements;
- The ability to study at the time and from the place that best suits them and the company;
- Study materials are available on all major devices - all that’s required is an internet connection;
- Your team members are able to study in a place and at a time that best suits both them and the company.
- The definition of digital marketing
- The benefits of using digital marketing
- The latest trends in digital marketing
- An overview of the types of digital marketing used today
- What a search engine is and how they work
- A general understanding of search engine optimisation
- The benefits and weaknesses of using search engine optimisation
- About search engine marketing and how it can be used
- Website basics, the differences between websites, pages and servers
- The different types of websites
- How websites can be used as a means of digital marketing
- About how to create a website, including content, structure and design
- An overview of digital display advertising
- The formats used in digital display advertising
- The pros and cons of its use
- How to implement successful campaigns
- The basics behind email and mobile marketing, including the types of each, as well as how they work
- About the legal considerations, with a focus on those applying to the UK
- The pros and cons of both marketing practices
- Some of the best strategies used to employ these types of initiatives
- The differences between social media, networking, and marketing
- How social media marketing works
- The differences between the two social media strategies: passive and active
- About the various platforms of social media and the demographics that engage with each
- The differences between traditional and online public relations
- The four elements of online public relations
- About the various tools used for employing these strategies
- The four phases of online public relations
- The definition of web analytics and how it differs from website stats
- The two categories of web analytics: off-site and on-site
- The types and processes of web analytics
- How web analytics can be used within an online marketing strategy
- The difference between a digital marketing strategy and a digital marketing campaign
- How to develop the marketing objectives
- The importance of looking at past data
- About identifying a target market: quantitative and qualitative approaches
- About the two regulating bodies in the UK
- The three current regulations concerning digital marketing in the UK
- How data protection is handled in a number of countries around the world
- The various regulations that handle unsolicited communications in countries such as Australia, Canada, the European Union, and the United States
Who can take the Level 2 Digital Marketing Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Level 2 Digital Marketing Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.